Meet Salvador J. Pusateri
Mr. Pusateri’s practice includes defense of claims involving commercial automobile and trucking, marine, energy and toxic torts for primary and excess underwriters, major and independent oil companies, offshore and marine service contractors, local corporations and individuals. He is highly experienced in matters involving maritime and transportation excess liabilities. Mr. Pusateri also handles commercial transactions including negotiation of transportation contracts, master service agreements and vessel charters.
He has successfully tried numerous cases in both federal and state courts and in arbitration. These cases include personal injury and death claims for both marine and land-based transportation companies. Mr. Pusateri has also handled employment related disputes for various commercial entities. Specific trials involved claims arising under the Jones Act, the Longshore and Harbor Worker’s Compensation Act, the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, the General Maritime Law, insurance issues, construction disputes, vessel collisions and allisions, and commercial automobile and trucking accidents.
Mr. Pusateri has also prosecuted Limitation of Liability Actions involving major marine casualties including barge breakaways on the Mississippi River. Mr. Pusateri has spoken on numerous topics, including Jones Act, LHWCA and other employment related issues, the Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Act, AIS vessel tracking and US Coast Guard investigations, both internationally and throughout the United States.
Bars and Admissions
- Louisiana State Bar Association
State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- New Orleans Bar Association
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Loyola University of Chicago, A. B., Classics (magna cum laude), 1988
- Tulane University Law School, Juris Doctorate (cum laude) 1991